Axis2 is a third generation web service engine.It is more efficient, more modular and more XML-oriented.
What is Axis2
The Apache Axis2 is a Java-based implementation of both the client and server side of the web service. Apache Axis2 provides a complete object model and a modular architecture that makes it eas to add functionality and support for new web service related specifications and recommendations.
We can do the following tasks using Axis2 :
- Send SOAP message.
- Receive and process SOAP messages.
- Create Web service out of plain Java class.
- Create implementation class for both the server and client using WSDL.
- Easily retrieve the WSDL for a service.
- Send and receive the SOAP messages with attachments.
- Create or utilize a REST based Web service.
- Create or utilize service that takes advantage of WS-Security, WS-Reliable Messaging, WS-Addressing,WS-Coordination, and WS-Atomic Transaction recommendations.
- Use AXIS2’s modular structure to easily add support for new recommendations as they emerge