Axis2 is distributed several convenient distribution packages and can be installed either as a standalone server or as part of a J2EE compliant servlet container.
Download distribution packages of the Apache Axis2 1.6.2 version (latest). Click here
Download distribution packages of all versions of Apache Axis2. Click here
Make sure that the above prerequisites are available for the Axis2 installation.
Install Axis2 as a Stand alone server using standard binary distribution
1. Install Apache Axis2 Binary distribution
- Install a Java Development Kit (JDK) release (version 1.5 or later). Set an environment variable JAVA_HOME to the pathname of JDK directory.
- Download the Axis2 binary distribution version 1.6.2 -www.dsgnwrld.com/am//axis/axis2/java/core/1.6.2/axis2-1.6.2-bin.zip and unpack zip folder.
- Set environment variable AXIS2_HOME to directory of Axis2. Linux users can alternatively run the setenv.sh file available in the AXIS2_HOME/bin directory to set the AXIS2_HOME environment variable to the Axis2 classpath.
2.Starting up Axis2 Standalone Server
The standalone Axis2 server can be started by executing the following commands:
After startup, the default web services included with Axis2 will be available by visiting http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/
Installing Axis2 in Servlet Container
1.Download war distribution from apache.tradebit.com/pub//axis/axis2/java/core/1.6.2/axis2-1.6.2-war.zip this link or alternatively build the Axis2 war file using the Axis2 Standard Binary Distribution
2.Drop the WAR file in the webapps folder of the servlet container.
3. Start servlet container.War file will be installed automatically. Once the WAR is successfully installed, test it by pointing the web browser to the http://<host :port>/axis2.
4.Use the link "Validate" to ensure that everything is running correctly. If the validation fails then the WAR has failed to install properly or some essential jars are missing. In such a situation, refer to the documentation of the particular servlet container to find the problem.